Friday, February 27, 2009

Food Obsessed


Groceries... really... that should be a sentence all by itself. Here I'll say it again... Groceries. I can't believe I spent $250 at the grocery store. I'm trying to be all healthy and cheap at the same time. It really doesn't go together. Because the only thing that is cheap at our grocery store are Hungry Man dinners. Gross Gross Gross. No thanks. Plus the fact that my kids refuse to eat anything but name brand of their favorite goodies. Nathan actually knows when I replace his beloved Cheeze-its with Cheese Nips. Marisa will throw her cup of juice on the ground if it's not Juicy Juice.
Plus I'm pretty sure that the kids ate $25 of the groceries I purchased when they got home from school today.
Nate: 2 bananas, 1 apple, half of the watermelon that I cut up and put in the fridge. 1 pork chop, 6 baby carrots, and I caught him sneaking a cereal bar that I made him put back.

Marisa 1 banana, 1 apple, 4 baby carrots, 1 cup of pirate booty, sliced mushrooms, 2 glasses of milk, one glass of juice and 1/2 a pork chop.

Yes, I was using Pirate Booty as the "grain" during dinner.

It's as though my children actually know when food is "fresh"... I had to tell Nate he couldn't have 3 bananas tonight. Now my fruit bowl looks naked... sigh. Well we had a full fridge for about an hour. It's no wonder my kids are so big!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha... my kids eat the same amount sadly. They finish off fruit like it's nobody's business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...i love the booty; do you know any stores other than Costco that carry it? yum.

    ReplyDelete