Friday, January 1, 2010

A new beginning

Today is the beginning of 2010, can't say I'm not ridiculously happy to see 2009 go away. A year that started with so much promise. In my job I was reassigned a district that meant I would no longer have to travel so much. 12 schools right around my house, pretty good deal. My family scheduled a vacation for an entire week! We even went to the water park on vacation in March. But that's when the bottom dropped out.... without any advance notice my company let go of 200 employees. While I did keep my job, I took a 5% pay cut. Plus, I was no longer getting the bonuses that my family depends on. :-(. As the year dragged on the news just kept getting worse for our company and things kept changing. It's very shaky right now and each day I'm worried that I will get more bad news. Now to top it all off in the last two weeks of the year our TV broke and we learned what was making Max (our 6 year old dog) limp. Torn ACL.

So here is my hopes for 2010....
Peace. Really. I wish that things would start to financially stabilize so that people aren't fearful everyday of losing a job or a home. That this week of rest and pain pills works on Max so we don't need to figure out how to pay for his surgery. I find time to peel myself away from my very needy daughter without her screaming, to start my exercise regimen again. I begin to read more, relax more and snuggle with my husband more. Hopefully I will also continue my path of reconnecting with my friends again. I can't believe how much time and energy your kids will zap out of you...I can't remember the last time I wasn't some kind of tired . My past 3 performance reviews with 2 different supervisors I've been congratulated on how organized I am, how well I balance work and family, and how even though I have two young children, you can't tell. And I always wonder this....if this is how I appear, what does everyone else look like?

Happy New Year, I hope this year brings you comfort and joy.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this post, very thoughtful and from your heart. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete