Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ahhhh naptime

Back when I was pregnant with Nate, I loved having Saturdays all to myself. I did mostly nothing. For as long as I can remember Chris has worked Saturdays, and as much as I hate the fact that Chris is gone all day long, there is one thing I love.... naptime. Now you may think it's because I like to get a break. Don't get me wrong, hell yes I do. But it's more than that. I love that my kids don't argue with me when it's naptime. I love that Nathan just goes in the bathroom, pees and then waits for me in his bedroom to finish putting Marisa down. I love that they lay in bed and play by themselves until they fall asleep... and they always fall asleep. It's like one great reward that my anal, routine making life created... and I LOVE IT. Now the downside to this perfect schedule is that we can never go anywhere between the hours of 12 and 3. But where do we really have to go in 8 inches of snow and 19 degrees? Today I made Chex Mix for our company coming tomorrow and wrapped some presents. But naptime also means I can take a nap, exercise and shower all before they get up. Ok, so it has to be a really quick nap :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment