Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Losing Things...

Ahhhhh I couldn't be more frustrated. Today I lost my cell phone. MY CELL PHONE which in my job is a life line. Not only that, it's my company issued cell phone. Ugh. What is even more frustrating is that I remember last using it on my way home from Meijer, which technically should tell me that it's in my car or my house. However, I can't find it, and I've called it something like 37 times and I can't even hear it ringing. Today I had the most perfect day, and then this. I can't win.

How can things get lost? Really, how DOES that happen? I remember when Nate was about a year, I lost my car keys. Completely gone. We never found them. It's not as if he put them in the pocket of his baby cargo pants and took them to the bar and dropped them in the toilet when he was going to the bathroom (no that's what I always did with my pager). I mean seriously here, where in God's name could he have put them. We looked everywhere and since then we have rearranged all rooms, and switched bedrooms. They have vanished.

About 4 years prior to that I lost another set of keys at a Parent/Child playgroup I was running. Same thing, just totally disappeared, never found again.

It's no wonder I feel like I'm about to go crazy half the time, I can't keep track of anything anymore.

1 comment: