Saturday, January 10, 2009

The huh.. whatdidyousay... and ehhh?

Ok I've decided I definitely live in the house of the deaf. It's so ridiculous, since Chris got a cold, his ears have been so plugged. Not that it wasn't bad before, it's terrible now. Half the time I know he didn't hear me, so he just half smiles when I talk. Other times it's like this conversation like we are 90 and trying to communicate through our hearing aids. Like take today for example. A simple, should I answer this call coming through caller ID took on a totally different tone. As I'm on the phone with my sister a call came through....

Me: Hey do you know Sue Fleuren (I pronounced it Flure-en)
Husband: What? (my absolute favorite of the I-can't-hear-yous)
Me: Do you know a Sue Fleuren. She's calling right now?
Husband: Who's calling who?
Me: Caller Id is going off and it SAYS Sue Flueren.
Husband: I don't know a Sue Flueren (by now the beeping has stopped)
Me: Well it's too late anyway.
Husband: It's not too late, you could look at the phone to figure out who it is.
Me: No, it's too late to answer it, they hung up
Husband: Who hung up? Your sister?
Me: No Sue Fleuren.
Husband: I don't know a Sue Fleuren, I know a Joe Fleuren (he pronounced it Flu-ren).
Me: Well I think he was trying to call you.
Husband: He must have been trying to call me at home.

OH MY GAWWWWDDDD!!!!
By this time my sister is yelling in the background....
So freaking annoying. Now Marisa has started to say it as a way to answer a question....
Marisa do you want more ketchup? Huh? -She answers.

Ugh, no wonder I like going to work, people listen to me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment