Thursday, January 1, 2009

Helloooo 2009

Ok, because I'm supposed to be working out while the kids sleep... I'll do this instead.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Actually spent most of the year enjoying my children. Lost all my baby weight and then some. Took a Mommy and Daddy only vacation, turned 34!!!!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never make any resolutions, I'd never keep them anyway, but if I would have I'm sure it would have been to lose weight.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, I had a couple friends have babies last year.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, Jake. Sniff.

5. What countries did you visit?
Countries? HA! I did go to New Orleans LA and Florida this year, that's the extent of my traveling

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More financial stability. Wouldn't everyone? Greater clarity into how to continue successfully with a new team at my job.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 12th 2008. When one of my employees made a huge mistake and it became a downward spiral for me in '08 September 21st 2008, we had to put Jake to sleep. May 14th Nate broke his teeth.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
My two beautiful children

9. What was your biggest failure?
Read the above about work.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Typical illnesses, that's about it.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My favorite pair of black pants, OH and my treadmill. Lot's of new bras and underwear from use on my treadmill... bye bye old maternity granny panties.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My kids, my husband, Max recovering into single dogdum.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Read above about employee... and then 2 other employees after her.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Food, clothes for kids and HOLY CRAP Marisa uses a lot of diapers!!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
President Elect Obama. Nathan had a great birthday party. My vacation with Chris, my kids.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I'm Yours by Jason Mraz, Sorry by Buckcherry.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) About the same, or leaning toward sadder...
b) thinner or fatter? thinner- THINNER!!!
c) richer or poorer? POORER BOO!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercise!
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
working
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Yes, sustained the marriage love, grew into deeper love with both kids.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
How I met your mother, Rock of Love (say it loud and proud!) House Hunters, Kitchen Nightmares.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope.
24. What was the best book you read?
Book? HA! I read only one book. The Jon and Kate plus 8 book... so I guess that one.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Jason Mraz, although I knew of him before, fell in love this year.

26. What did you want and get?
A new office with a door and window! A new car. A new phone. A new computer. Thank you work!

27. What did you want and not get?
Another year with Jake.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Knocked up. I know... very shallow, I hope that was this year :-)

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went to lunch with Janna and my mom (day after)

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If the stupid things at work had not happened, Nate hadn't broken his teeth (5 dentist appts later).

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Dressy and jewlery!
32. What kept you sane?
Wine, good employees, reality tv.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Easy, Universal Preschool, Quality Rating System for Childcare.

35. Who did you miss?
Jason and Jake.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Definitely Kyra at work.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.
0 comments:

Post a Comment










No comments:

Post a Comment