Saturday, January 10, 2009

Yes, I'll have...

Probably the MOST embarrassing thing I've done in a LOOOONNNGGG while happened last Tuesday during my weekly division conference call.

Some back-story. I got a new GPS for Christmas, I do love it. I just haven't figured out all the functions, and perhaps the most annoying function (which I thought I'd love) is the blue tooth capability. I can't enter my car (if it's plugged in) without the blue tooth picking up my phone. Really annoying when I'm in the middle of a call. This particular day I though it was nice that my conference call would be on speaker and easier for me to drive.

Per usual I went to Starbucks on my way into the office. When I got there I muted my phone, and my GPS. How strange all of a sudden I couldn't hear anyone. So I unpushed mute. Ahhh they were still there. So I re-muted, quiet again. Now thinking that mute meant mute I went ahead and ordered my triple shot grande vanilla latte. Even spoke to the woman about combining my gift cards.

After I got my drink, I un-muted my conference call and they were going on about marketing plans and blah blah blah. Now much happier, I kept driving to work.

At the end of our call every week the boss asks us if we have anything we'd like to share with the group. When she got to me she asked.... "Amber, how is your triple shot grande vanilla latte"
Holy CRAP! Apparently not only had they heard the whole conversation, they had been laughing at me the whole time, but of course I couldn't hear them as MUTE on my GPS means you hear me, I can't hear you...

No comments:

Post a Comment