Saturday, January 31, 2009

The missing Pony


A couple of Mondays ago I worked from home (took care of the kids and answered the phone) from 10-11 I have to do my reports. I set up the kid table. Gave Nathan a project (cutting lines on paper) and Marisa a new set of chunky crayons and a glue stick. They did their work, I did mine. After we had finished (and Elmo was singing his last song) I said, "you were both so quiet-(should have been my first clue)- and let Mommy work, would you like a popsicle now?" I picked up Marisa and noticed. instead of her pig-tail there was a nub. So I turned her phew the other one was still there. "Marisa! Where is your piggie?"

"Nay-Nate" was all she said.

I said... "NNNNNAAAATTTHHHHAAANNNN, (very controlled low-talking-but-yelling) where is Marisa's pig tail?"

Calmly he pointed to the ground... "Right there"

And there it was.... my daughters once perfect little curl, feathered all over the floor.

*Sigh* Nate what did you do?

"Risa did it" was his answer.

*Sigh*


So three hours later we are at the hair cutting place for an unscheduled trim of the mullet. No more party in the back.... it's business all over now.

2 comments:

  1. that is too funny, i am so sorry for the unscheduled trim...poor baby girl.

    i was sitting on the couch leaning forward with the baby; Myla came up behind me and cut chunk of my hair out. i didn't even see it coming...cut...amazing these kids and scissors

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks like a little pixie now! She was hilarious yesterday!

    ReplyDelete