Friday, January 2, 2009

My new favorite quote

I had to write down my old favorite quote for 2008 on my previous post. I do believe I quoted my son's "Pinkalicious" book when I said... "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit" also something the 4 year olds used to say when I was a preschool teacher. I think that really fits in with the belief that you should enjoy what you have and not always want want want.

Now today I remembered a quote told to me by a peer at work. She said it about someone else, but I find myself repeating it to myself to keep my own mouth shut. Ready? Ok, enough suspense here it is....

"Know your role and shut your hole."

Seriously, the world is full of too many people who think everyone should be interested in what they have to say. I believe that is why we have outlets such as Blogger, Facebook, MySpace (which is really not any fun anymore). Once I had this new quote in my mind all day I constantly found people violating it!

The server at the restaurant that speculated why her customer's credit card was declined, loud enough for us to hear 3 tables over.

The teacher at the school I was at today trying to tell ME how to arrange a classroom... as if!

Me when I got irritated at said teacher who doesn't work for me but for my peer.
The salesperson at a clothing store that gave my co-worker unsolicited advice about how a shirt would look better if only her bra gave her more cleavage. Seriously!


Nathan (age 3) when he tried to tell me how to drive home.

And then when I read Marisa's daily sheet from child care that said she "was a big helper today, she tried to get all her friends to come to the table when it was lunch time and she encouraged them to clean up" NOW my daughter doesn't encourage anyone to do anything she grabs your shirt, pushes and pulls... she is 20 months of course, encouraging isn't urgent enough.

I like that quote. And then my one that I found today that I will use at work with my team....
"If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got."
Ahh quotes, one of my favorite pastimes, if you have any good ones, leadership quotes are my fav... pass them on.

It's actually a very fun game if you are feeling cynical, try it and I think you will agree.

2 comments:

  1. hi!! I keep meaning to get that pinkalicous book.....oh, and my pics....those 4 pics I have in one long frame hanging on my wall. I will probably have to get a new one after this summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new banner... verrry nice... like the quote too.

    ReplyDelete